The EFCA History and Polity seminar is considered the baseline for any/all of the credentials in EFCA. If one desires to minister in the EFCA and be licensed and eventually ordained, this material is mandatory. In the past this class was only offered at our EFCA seminary, so all those who desired to minister in the EFCA and who did not attend our seminary were required to meet this requirement through an independent study. We have experienced a good response to offering the class in an intensive two-day format in other locations and believe there is much to be gained in a class setting over against the independent study format.
- Designed for those seeking a greater understanding of the EFCA or anticipating possible placement within this denomination. Attention is paid to history, polity, doctrine, missionary outreach, current trends. Attendees are challenged to consider these distinctives in relation to their own concepts of ministry context and potential.
- Attendees will become familiar with the heritage and distinctives of the Free Church in order to appreciate its present structure and mission.
- Participants will envision how God might use them in furthering His kingdom through the Free Church ministry.
- Participants will fulfill one of the key requirements for credentialing in the EFCA. (For those who know they will be ministering in the EFCA, this objective is very important.)
It is required that you read the three books listed below prior to the seminar. These books are available only at NextStep Resources and they can be ordered online or by calling (800) 444-2665.
- Evangelical Convictions: A Theological Exposition of the Statement of Faith of EFCA
- What it Means to be Free! A History of the EFCA, Hanson, Calvin B.
- The Significance of Silence, Olson, Arnold T
Instructor: Greg Strand, director of Biblical Theology and Credentialing, EFCA
Location: Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada CA
Friday, November 6: 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Saturday, November 7: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Online Registration is currently closed and will open in 2020.
Please contact Xochitl Cachon
or call (952) 853-1755
Registration deadline: Friday, October 30, 2020
There is no charge for the seminar. You will receive a map of the location with directions and information on local lodging and dining with confirmation of your registration.